PWWF Announces Scholarship & COMSATS. The Punjab Workers Welfare Board (PWWB) provides full scholarships for all degree programs at the COMSATS Lahore and Islamabad Campuses to laborers, miners, and their children under the PWWF.
New Update 2024
COMSATS has designated a 30% quota for employees and their dependents in all single-degree programs. December 20, 2023, is the deadline for applications to the COMSATS worker welfare fund scholarships for the Islamabad campus. December 29 is the deadline for the Lahore campus.
Seats are available at Islamabad, Lahore, Attock, Sahiwal, Wah, and Vehari Campus for Labour Quota admission on Scholarships.
PWWB Scholarship New Update 2024
The PWWB Scholarship covers tuition, housing fees, and transportation costs for all PWWB Quota students; payment for these expenses is handled by the Labour Department office of the Punjab government.
Who Can Apply For PWWF or PWWB COMSATS Scholarship
The respective candidates must complete the following requirements:
- The employee must have a valid social security card.
- A person is qualified to work for the labor department if he meets the criteria of a worker as established in the Industrial Relations Act of 2010.
- A factory is defined as an organization that meets the criteria of a factory as described in the Workers’ Welfare Fund Ordinance 1971 or the Companies’ Profit Workers Participation Act 1968.
- The worker must have at least one year of experience working in a factory registered under the Factories Act 1934 or the Mines Act 1923.
- If the worker or miner died or became disabled while on the job, was registered with the EOBI or Social Security, and his widow or legal heir, then the children of deceased or disabled workers are also eligible to apply for this scholarship. A death grant was received by the Punjab Workers’ Welfare Board or a pension was received from EOBI/Social Security.
- Workers or miners, or their child’s application workers, will not be involved in any illegal action or criminal action.
PWWB Scholarship and COMSATS 2023 Award
- When candidates are accepted into any of the single-degree programs, they apply for this award. The following paperwork must be submitted with the admission application form at the time of admission by applicants:
- CNIC of a miner or laborer.
- For laborers and miners, Social Security and Old Age Benefit Cards.
- The factory card or employee card of a worker or miner together with their classification.
- A letter of appointment for a laborer or miner.
- Under the Mines Act of 1923 or the Factories Act of 1934, the Factory Registration Certificate was granted.
- The prospective student’s CNIC/Family Registration Certificate was granted by NADRA.
- A certificate of exemplary moral behavior and a certificate of service as a laborer or miner.
- It is required that the nominee sign an affidavit for Rs. 20. A stamp paper stating that the individual would reimburse the Labour Department for any educational costs incurred should they decide to stop studying.
- Evidence of In the case that a worker or miner passes away or becomes incapacitated, documentation for a Death Grant or Disability Pension is required.
Extension of Scholarship PWWF
The maximum duration of this scholarship is eight semesters or the length of the student’s relevant degree program. By CIIT rules and regulations, fees must be deposited if a student retakes a course or semester.